Submit to DTIC
What to Submit?
DTIC only accepts the following security classifications:
- Foreign Unclassified in Confidence
- Foreign Restricted
CAC/PIV/ECA users should submit electronically
Submission Information Types
- Technical Reports and Papers
- Journal Articles and Conference Papers
- Security Classification Guides
- Unified Research and Engineering Data (URED)
- DoD Information Analysis Center (IAC) Science and Technical Information
- International Agreements Data (IADB)
- DoD Grant Awards
DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5230.24, Distribution Statements on Technical Documents, states "…that the controlling DoD office must mark all scientific and technical documents with a distribution statement." It was revised effective 28 April 2016 and modifies the procedures for the use of Distribution Statement F.
Distribution Statements and Reasons [PDF]
DTIC has identified 25 broad subject fields and 251 groups to categorize the areas of scientific and technical interest. These fields and groups provide the structure for subject grouping of documents in DTIC’s Technical Reports, Research Summaries, and Independent Research & Development collections.
Fields and groups numerical codes may be used to locate relevant results in those databases.